Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Rally for Marriage at the Capitol

Just back from the rally at the Capitol to protect the meaning of marriage in Connecticut. It will be the biggest rally at the Capitol this year. Good weather and good speakers. The mood was one of "hunkering down" and settling in for the long road of trying to change the Connecticut constitution to protect marriage as one woman and one man. I will be curious to see tomorrow's and tonight's coverage in the various media outlets. They usually single out the most curious among each side to highlight. I love Our Lady of Guadalupe, but I don't know how many votes she swings at the legislature - at least directly. In fact, bringing those signs may help the media to marginalize our cause. You can never go wrong though - at the gates of heaven - to tell St. Peter that you brought along the Virgin Mary to the Rally for Marriage.

Speaking of attendance at the Rally for Marriage, the merging of technology and faith by a friar wearing a video camera with stabilizing arm-type mechanism, was surreal. It shows how our faith is very much "in the world", how Jesus is transcendent through time, and, well, is just REALLY COOL.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Did you take any pics?

She Said said...

I wish I did, but I had kids with me and forgot my camera. Plus, I still haven't figured out how to use the digital camera my mother gave me. I still use disposable cameras and after every picture my children try to look on the back to see it!